Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday Ride, Part One

Amber and I went for a really long ride yesterday. The weather was perfect, about 62 degrees, and it had finally quit raining...riding after a good rain is so refreshing and beautiful.
Due to the rain, this is what I had to scrub down before our ride! Bo was distressed by his piggy little habit as well, and let me know by chewing on his tongue.

"I am so sorry," he said, "I just cannot help myself when it has been raining and there is lots of cool and sticky mud to role in! Please find it in your heart to forgive me?" We rode out towards Carbonado, along the old railroad tracks again, and then shot off across a mostly hidden, but well worn, bridle path. Around here, the horse people have to hide, or at least attempt to disguise, their prized trails, otherwise the motorbikes find them, and the risk of a possible collision is high. We share all of the other trails with motorbikes and quads, but it can be dangerous when the trail is not in a wide open space...trust me, I know. We finally found the hidden trail, and then discovered that yet another tree had fallen during the recent storms.

Never fear, Amber is here! Amber and her dog, Duke, cleared some of the misc. branches that were in our way, while I sat, like a slug, in my cold, wet saddle and watched. I will write and share more pictures from our ride later, but let me just say that after a four hour ride, Waska enjoyed a good role in the cool mud too!

"Ahhhh...nothing like a bunch of rocks to ruin a good time. Never mind though. I am too itchy to care!"
(Note: The date on the pics says"1/2005," because I thought that if I did not set the date and time on my camera, it would leave the date off of the pic. I was wrong. It obviously has a default date that it goes back to. I really want to figure out how to make the date GO AWAY!!!)

2 comments:

Train Wreck said...

Oh! I bet it smelled soo good!! Perfect weather for riding!Love the photo of the rolling horse! You would think "clean" would feel better! Also my "Trainwreck" will chew his tongue sometimes!! I have pictures too!!

Melanie said...

Train Wreck- It was perfect riding weather, however, we were soaking wet from riding through all of that brush!