Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Golly Miss Molly!!

The beautiful, talented, and glamalicious duo, who are Meg and Train Wreck, both gave me the Arte Y Pico award!
Wow girls, I feel so undeserving!!!
The reason I feel so undeserving, is because I just write about my daily life, which is NOT that spectacular to me, and my photographs suck!!! They are getting better, I will give myself that, but.....gee thanks, girls!!!! You are both TOO sweet!!
The originator of the award has this to say about it (thanks Pony Girl's blog!!):

"This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few. The people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read. But I will name the first 10 and leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."

There are also rules that go along with this award, and I copied then from Train Wrecks blog...here they are:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you think deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. The award-winner and the one who has given the prize must show the link of the “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/

Some of the blogs that inspire me daily are:


20Meter Circle of Life...always something good about her Arabs and dressage!

Dressage Beginnings...more dressage and another Arab!!!

Heidi and Dave...gives me my cross country/eventing fix, and has some excellent pics too!

Trailboss...go here if you want that no nonsense, down home, warm feeling!

Less Is More...just started reading this blog and it is very interesting!

Congrats girls!!! You all deserve this more than I do :)





12 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

Congrats Mel! That is super cool! Isn't fun to meet so many fun friends through blog land? :)

20 meter circle of life said...

Thank you!! What a lovely award. I have it proudly displayed over at 20 meter.
I am so looking forward to thanking you in person!

Pony Girl said...

Congrats to YOU! ;) Hope you had a good weekend!

Melanie said...

Ang- Yes! It is fun to meet people. I am so glad that you turned me on to blogging!

20 Meter...and I can't wait to be thanked in person!

Pony Girl- Thank you! I did have a good weekend, and I cannot wait to see/hear about yours!

Train Wreck said...

So humble you are! That is why you are so deserving!Congrats on getting it on your page!! That, and choosing only the alloted amount of recievers is the hardest part!!

Nancy said...

Congrats on the award! Drop over and pick up the 2 awards I recently gave to all of my readers. I can't pick just 5 or 7 or however many they suggest, as everyone who takes the time it takes to blog are all deserving! So pick them up, if you like.

Thank you for dropping by leaving a nice comment! Yes, I have a cooking blog, a work in progress yet, but I would like to get to the point where I can add a new recipe weekly. I work 2 jobs from home, and there just isn't enough time in a day for me to do all that I like to do...but....I'm trying. That's why I'm up at 3am yet working yet, AND reading a few blogs. LOL

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Trailboss said...

OH Thank you! I will accept this award when I get home! I am at work now.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

so sweet of you to call my blog interesting! :-) Much like yours it's alot of daily life and pics!
Thank you for the award, I really appreciate it and will display it proudly!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congratulations on your award!

Oh, and by the way, I think you're AWESOME! Come visit my blog to pick up another award!

Melanie said...

Denise- Your blog may be about day to day life, but it is very touching :)

Twinville- Awwww schucks...you shouldn't have!

Dressage Nomad said...

Thank you soooo much! My first award, yippee!!!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

You so deserve this. I do not get to read near as much as I want. I end up doing major catch up on my day off and on my weekends when life doesn't happen outside with the horses or the land.
I too get so much inspiration from reading all the wonderful blogs out there, there is just never enough time in my day to be able to keep up.