Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cabalero Update

Sorry to bore you with Bo Bo pictures, but look at how good he now looks, when compared to two months ago. After two months of senior supplement, and lots of riding/exercise, he is now developing a hind end that can drive forward, a top line that supports his abdomen (bottom line) and a bottom line that supports his back (top line).
Amber and I were a little worried that he would never resemble the "old" Bo again, but it appears that he is coming along nicely. I need to scan some old pics of Bo and Amber showing, so you can see just how handsome old Bo Bo can look!
When Amber first got Bo back and we started riding him, it was rather embarrassing, because he looked like a typical, backyard, underweight, scrawny, Arab. Not anymore!
As my mom likes to say, "Cabalero is muy guapo!"
I always wondered why his original owner chose to call him "Bo." I know Cabalero sounds like "Cabolero," but Bo? I would have called him Cabalero or Cabbi, I think, but Bo it was, and Bo it is.
When my kids were little, they both called horses "Bo Bo's," even after Amber returned him to his owner. It was a name that stuck, and we still drive down the road and say, "Hey! Look at the pretty Bo Bo's!"

8 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Bore folks with a pic of a handsome horse?? Nahhhh!!! ;) He looks fantastic! Great job there fitting him back up. Best thing in the world for a "seasoned citizen" horse ;)

OK- I have a question for you, since there is possibly a horse named Guapo in my future... What does Guapo mean? (I took Spanish in high school, but that was many moons ago.....)

Thanks! :)

Melanie said...

Mrs. Mom-

Lol!
I had Spanish waaaay back in high school too, and if I remember correctly, "guapo," means handsome.

How embarrassing if I am wrong!

Emma said...

What a beautiful horse! And no, I don't think your blog is too "horsey". It's great! Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Mom said...

AhHA! Well, it sure fits if handsome it is! ;) (I'll be sure to post a pic of him on one of the blogs today for you to see...)

thanks for the translation!

Holy cow--- did thinking back to high school give you nightmares like it did me? LOL

20 meter circle of life said...

Oh my He is lovely. and you could never bore me with too many horse pics.

Dressage Nomad said...

He looks great! My mare looked like a backyard Arab when I got her too, fortunately they look great after they blossom.

Melanie said...

Everyone--

Thank you for your kind comments!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

I love horsey!! I never tire of seeing beautiful horses and he is a handsome one! Good job on him!