Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I am headed out for a nice ride tomorrow, so maybe that will give me some inspiration.
Anywho...hang in there! I promise that I will be back to my regular, ranting and raving self in no time....well maybe I need just a little bit of time...lol!!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
We have thought about heading up to Banff National Park (Alberta, Canada), driving over to Yellowstone National Park, or going down to Oregon somewhere (Eastern or Western).Anywho...even though I just mentioned some places that are not in the PNW, if any of you know of some really neat spots in WA, OR, ID, or BC, let me know. We have sold our travel trailer, so we would need to stay in a cabin, cottage, or hotel. ... And, I was pleasantly surprised when my hubby mentioned that a dude ranch would be fun. He used to ride with me, but hasn't had a horse in years...maybe one day???? (PS-The horse in the picture below is not one that I know. He/she just popped up when I googled "dude ranch." Nice looking little pony, don't you think???)So lets here it!!!! Where should we go????
Hope that you have all had great weekends, and I promise to be a better blogger in the near future. :)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Let me explain a little...
Because the university I attend runs on semesters, they have a little thing called January , or "J" term, where they cram a three month class into one month. It is a good way to get caught up on any GUR's (general university requirements) that you may still need, but the downside is that you are at school from 9:30 until 2:30, Monday-Thursday.
Once I get out of class, I rush to make the 35-40 minute drive to the kidlets' school to pick them up, we go home and get some chores and homework done, make dinner, and then we either go for a walk/run, go to gymnastics, or go to various appointments. Oh and I still have to clean the house, fold the laundry, and do my own homework!!
Then there are phone calls to make, emails to answer, and favorite tv show premieres to watch (Lost is back on!!!). Needless to say, I have been getting to bed around midnight, and getting up around 6:00. Craziness, I tell you!!! I also know that many of you live like this all of the time, but I don't, and I don't like it!!! Then...last week and part of this week, I have had sick kidlets, and I am talking about vomiting, not snotty noses. Oh, and dentist appointments, and doctor appointments, and....I know...get a hold of myself, right???LOL!!!
Anywho...that is why I have not been around much. I am hoping that things mellow out somewhat at the end of next week (end of "J" term!). I didn't even get to go riding today, because I had to take Katie to the dentist. The horror!!! LOL!!!
Talk to you all soon!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Similar to the other PNW bloggers, we have been experiencing a lot of "frozen fog" over here, and let me tell you, it is not the best thing to ride in. On Friday, we went on a four hour ride, and it was only 20 degrees out. Thankfully, my layers of insulation helped to keep the cold at bay for the first three hours, but after that I froze to death!!!
At one point during the ride, Amber, who had on layers of clothing as well, decided to get off and walk a bit. She was hoping that it would warm her up, but it actually made her feet ache worse, because they were so cold. (If you look closely at Bo's ears(below), you can see that he was asking me why I didn't haul my fat a@# off of his back and walk...lol!!!!) You never realize just how many spiderwebs and cobwebs are floating around in the woods, until they are frozen, or until you are the first person to ride through a trail...lol!!! Sometimes we take dibs on who has to be first, and thus gets to be covered in webs and spiders.On to part two of this mixed up post..... (or not so mixed up post, depending how you look at it!) I have a minor obsession with Mexican food, and I love, love, love ,pico de gallo. I have been buying freshly made pico de gallo by the tubful at the grocery store, but after watching my sister, Jen, (who also happens to be a sous chef) make her own the other day, I decided to do the same.
Have you ever seen what a kitchen counter looks like after a person with ADD makes pico de gallo... or anything for that matter??? Well take a look at the photo below!!! (How does that darn Pioneer Woman always make everything look so organized and clean?? LOL!!!)So I chopped and I sliced, and I sliced and I chopped, and this was the end result.....
...And let me be the first to tell you that is is delicious!!! I had it for my snack, and for dinner!!! I love it so much that I just eat it by the spoonful...teeheehee!!! Is there such thing as eating too much pico de gallo??? I hope not!!! And eating it by the spoonful isn't bad for you right??? It's made out of vegetables...lol!!! (I am awfully giggly tonight, aren't I??)
(Speaking of random information...how about that inauguration this morning???? Can I just say that I love President Barack Obama???!!! I cried all the way to school, while I listened to his speech. I just hope that people remember that he is just one man, and that he alone cannot "fix" this mess that we have gotten ourselves into.)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
So, in no particular order (except for the first one, because I want her to know that she is NOT a whiner!!) here are 10 blogs that have a great bloggy attitude! PS-If you have already been awarded, just know that I thought of you! :)
1) Lisa over at The Laughing Orca Ranch! I think that everyone knows who Lisa is, and even though she has been going through a pretty rough time lately, she is most definitely not a complainer!!!
2) Trail Riding Cowgirl over at All Things Horses! She is great and doesn't like the long, cold winter either!! Hopefully this will help bring some sunshine into her bloggy world!
3) Chelsi over at Adventures of A Horse Crazed Mind! Have you checked out this girl's writing, artwork, and YouTube videos??? She is amazing! LOL!!!
4) Brown Eyed Cowgirls!! BEC has some amazing looking horses, and she lives in cold SD, so she also needs a little bit of summer!
5) Gail over at At the Farm! What is not to like about Gail??? An Arkansas gal who lives on her family's farm, writes amazing poetry, and often brings tears to my eyes with her words.
6) Carolynn over at A Glowing Ember. Yet another beautiful person (on the inside and out!) who is also a gifted writer. Haven't checked her out yet?? Head on over!!
7) Stephanie over at The School of Life With Horses! Stephanie's blog is soon to be featured in Horse & Rider magazine, and she owns the horse that I featured in my "All I Want For Christmas" post!
8) Grey Horse Matters! This is an excellent blog that is always full of helpful tips for the horse and rider! It features beautiful horses, beautiful scenery, and another talented writer (I am starting to notice a pattern here...are you???)
9) Lytha over at A Horse Crazy American in Germany! She is a former Washingtonian and Arab owner, who know calls Germany home. There is always something good to read on her blog...trust me!!!
10) Natarojo over at Just Horsin' Around! Hmmmm...should I like someone that has beautiful horses and rides in a drill team???? (Just kidding!!) She always has a positive, upbeat attitude, and takes great photographs! She also needs a bit of sunshine in her world!!!Well that wasn't so bad now, was it??? LOL!!! All this talk of lemons and summer has got me thinking about another one of my favorite lemon beverages.....teeheehee!!!
PS-For those of you who want to play along, please see my previous post about the rules and meaning of the award!!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Now...I can choose to award 10 other blogs if I want to, or I can be greedy and keep it all to myself...teeheehee!!! Because it looks like this award has been making its rounds out there, I will not nominate any blogs in particular, but if you like it, have a great attitude, and want a little piece of summer, feel free to grab it!!!!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Here we go...
1) I have a mild designer handbag and shoe obsession. I call it minor, because now that I am a poor student, I can only indulge every couple of years...lol!!!
2) I also happen to like big, expensive watches! And no, I don't have an expensive one. I wear a Fossil watch for now.... 3) I like old, antique looking diamond rings. Not that I have one of those either, but maybe one day....(I do have a lovely wedding ring with big diamonds though, so I am not complaining!!)
4) I was preppy in high school. You know, I wore penny loafers, button down shirts, sweaters over my shoulder etc... Now my style would be called "classic" vs. "preppy" lol!!! I was also known to let loose and wear my Wranglers, a tee-shirt, and my Ropers too though!!
5) Like a lot of my other cowgirl, blogger friends, I prefer square toed cowboy boots.
6) I have a hard time being compassionate towards people who I consider to be less fortunate, or less worthy than me. (Does this mean I will be a bad social worker or counselor?? I don't think so. It makes me be aware of my feelings towards others, and that can be good and bad) This is something that I have always battled with, and I am finally overcoming it. It has been a struggle for me though, and it is really easy for me to think negatively about someone and backslide. (I guess this is my way of saying that I can be a major snob! I am trying though, and it feels better to love than to despise)
7) I can be moody!!! I wear my emotions on my sleeve, so you can usually tell what/how I am thinking/feeling by the way I am acting. (Just ask my family...lol!!!)
8) I detest phony/fake people. Want to get on my bad side??? Act fake!!!
9) I have greenish-blue eyes. When I wear blue, they look more blue; when I wear green they look really green; and when I wear nothing at all...lol (just joking!!!)...they are greenish-blue again!
10) I always have my toenails painted. I have a thing about feet, and get really grossed out by nasty ones!Phew....I am done!!! Now that you all know a little bit more about me, I hope that you still come by and visit!! ;) Have a great weekend you guys!!!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
It's just that I have had a lifelong love/hate relationship with my tresses (who hasn't, right??), and I think that I have finally come to terms with it. As you can see, I have always had wild, crazy, fuzzy, and unmanageable hair. And, unlike most people with naturally curly hair, I have fine, wispy curls, and not coarse, wiry ones. That may sound like a good thing, but it is most definitely NOT!!!Notice how there is not much difference between my hair as a three year old, and my hair as a 22 year old? Not good! I must also confess that my hair looks exactly the same when I wake up in the mornings now, as it did back when I was three...lol!!!!Thankfully, when I was around 28, my current hair stylist came into my life, and changed it (my hair, not my life!!) for the better. Below is a picture of my hair as it looks today, and as you can tell, it has a lot more style to it than it did in my earlier years (remember how it looked in the 90's???). Veronica was the first stylist to come along who realized that my hair needed to be drastically textured and thinned out, and you can see that my hair loves her for that! :) I now literally have most of my hair chopped off (volume not length), use two different products to control the frizzies and curls, and it actually resembles hair now, doesn't it?? Sorry that there are no pictures of my hair during my teenage years. Let's just say that I looked like a complete idiot, and that maybe one day (maybe!!) I will post some of them. Maybe!!!
Anywho...that's the evolution of my hair style in a nutshell. Do any of you have hair like mine?? PS-If your hair is straight and silky, I hate you and don't want to hear about it!!! (Just kidding!!)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Above we have Eric driving Sienna in the snow, and below we have Miss Katie doing the same thing. It's really too bad that Sienna isn't bigger, because her and Eric really get along. Their temperaments match-up well (Sienna is like a little QH), and that is why I want to get Eric a "big" Sienna to ride.It was so cold that day, that we decided to make a fire, and Amber's Christmas tree was the first thing to go. It burnt up in about one minute too. Now I know why Christmas trees are so dangerous (dry ones!).
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Below is a picture of me and Shadest in 1991. (Quit laughing at my horrible late eighties/early nineties hair!!!! Stop it right now!!!!) Just thought I would throw it in here to...you know, as a tribute! :)
Monday, January 5, 2009
Look at how white and clean Bo looked in the snow (below)!!! I am just joking of course...every inch of his body that was/is not covered by his blanket, is covered in mud. He is the biggest slob ever!!! I took this picture so you could see what we looked like after leading the way for a bit. The snow was really wet and heavy, and the trails were partially obstructed by low-hanging branches. That meant whomever was in the front got doused. See my poor, cold, toes down there??? LOL!!!
Well, I better head off to bed now, and don't worry, I have more snow pictures on the way!!!! LOL!!! The next set will include the kidlets and the ponies, and they are always more entertaining than I am !!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
It is STILL down, but I came over to my husband's cousin and hijacked her computer for a minute (thank-you Marilyn!!). Hopefully ours will be up running in no time, but Qwest tells me that it may be a few more days. :(
Just wanted to let all of you know that I truly miss reading your blogs, and that I should maybe consider getting some help for this little addiction...teeheehee!!! Hope that you are all doing well!!?? I have had a great week filled with relaxing on the couch, reading the third book in the Twilight series ( I found it Chelsi!!), exercising, and last but not least....horseback riding. We went for a lovely ride in the snow today, but I did not bring my camera to Marilyn's house. That would be a bit obsessive, don't you think??? LOL!!!
Hope to be back up and running soon!!! Wish me luck! :)