Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Fourth of July

The 4th also happens to be my father-in-laws birthday, and this year, my sister-in-law, Mary, had a birthday party at her house. It started early--we stayed way to late!!--and we all had a great time. We don't get to see a lot of my husbands family, except for holidays, and it was nice to catch up besides Thanksgiving and Christmas. There was a robin that had a nest in the bushes, and it dive bombed the kids whenever they got to close to the bushes. Here is Eric the Valiant, living up to his Viking heritage! He was going to protect the girls from the big, bad, robin :)Afterwards, we headed over to auntie Amber's house, where another party was in full swing. Everyone was drinking mango martinis, or margaritas, and playing volleyball... basically having a really good time! Not that you need alcohol to have a good time...I'm just saying! Kids and sparklers always go hand in hand!I thought that this pic looked really cool. Bo kind of looks like a "ghost" horse, doesn't he? This was shot after all of the horses calmed down form the REALLY big boom . Yo can click on it and blow it up if you need to :)
All in all, it was a great day. Hope that all of you out in blogger land also had safe and happy 4th's too!

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Whew, I've had a lot to catch up on! Sounds like you've had a few busy, yet really fun, days. I keep thinking today is Monday, but it's only Sunday! The 4th on a Friday is a good gig, I think.
Like your kiddos, I even got to play w/a few sparklers, LOL! That is all I'll get near. I am always afraid when people let off fireworks. I'm ready to run if one falls sideways and explodes crazy.
Sienna looks like such a nice pony. I love her color and her bright white star. Driving looks fun.

Melanie said...

Pony Girl-likewise! You have been pretty busy yourself! As far as driving being fun....hmmmm....you will have to try it sometime. I enjoy riding much more :)