Saturday, September 13, 2008

Calvin Klein Photo Shoot...Not Really!!

Tonight, after slaving away on homework all day (gotcha Saddle Mtn. Rider...lol!!), Katie and I (Eric is camping over in Eastern WA all weekend with his friend) went over to Amber's house, with the intention of going for a quick little ride. It was about 6:30, and Amber was supposed to be at work, and Brad was supposed to be out bow hunting (or he was back early and had fed the horses...what I was hoping had happened!), so imagine my surprise to find that Amber was at home, in bed, with a fever, aches, cough, and stomach pain, and that Brad was crashed out, sound asleep, on the couch. "Uhhhhh...we'll just let ourselves out the door. Please don't breathe on us!"
So...we were not able to ride, because Amber had come home from work early and went to bed, and Brad had also fallen asleep, which meant that it was 6:30, and Katie and I had a few hungry horses on our hands. Oh well...we just fed everyone, brushed them, picked up manure, and left. I am still planning on riding tomorrow, even if Amber is still sick. I will just go out by myself for awhile.

I started snapping pictures of Katie, while she was grooming Bo, and I noticed that she sort of had that weak, scrawny, waif-like, appearance...you know, like a Calvin Klein super model??? LOL!!!
What the heck kind of pose is this??!! Definitely a Haute Couture shot!!! Wow...who knew I could take such great photos?? Move over Annie Leibovitz... here I come ( I am totally just joking!)! In this photo she appears to weak to even hold herself up! Good thing Duke is there to nip her heals if she falls over.
...and what is this??? Move over waif-like girls! Here comes Katie! She may look little and scrawny, but that is because "might" can come in small packages! She'll get down there and pick hooves with the best of them! Good girl Katie! And look what was peeking out over the hill on our way home. I love the fall moon, and it hasn't even reached it's full potential yet...wait until October/November. It's just gorgeous!
Hope that you are all having a great weekend! Be back soon.....

15 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Ugh, bummer about the sickies! Good thing you backed out of that door quickly!
Hopefully you can get a ride in tomorrow. I was able to longe the kinks out of my boy today, and hope to ride tomorrow!
Katie is a cutie...and I do see a Miller's model in the making!! ;)

Melanie said...

Pony Girl-
A Miller's or a Dover model would be much better than a Calvin Klein one...lol!

20 meter circle of life said...

Sorry about your ride, but sometimes the barn time is just as good.
I do belive you might just have MS Rodeo Washington there is those photo's!!
Take your Zicam and dont het sick, its much to early for the flu.
I wish you lived in my neighborhood, Booster and I would love to go on a trail ride!!
Hey I am thinking of making the trip to Olympia in October to watch the Arab show, are you going???

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Never underestimate the strength of a cowgirl, I don't care how tiny and waiflike they are-LOL.

Andrea said...

That stinks about not being able to ride.

Katie is such a cutie. I love her breeches! I can't wait for my little girl to wear breeches!! She does have a horse model future, I can see it now!! Fun photos!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whoohoo, you go Katie!
These pictures just made me smile. :)

And that last moon photo...Wowzers!

That's a keeper.

Sorry about the sickies. Hope you can avoid those bugs and still get a ride in, too.

~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
New Mexico

Train Wreck said...

Oh I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I hate to get sick! Poor Peoples!
You got work, work it girl...LOL! Love your photo shoot of the littlest Ranch Top Model!! Hey I think we have something there!! She is so sweet! Doing a great job too!

Chelsi said...

I was always sick the first week of school. The germ factory at work! Get well sweetie.

Unknown said...

I don't know...Katie may have more meat on her bone than some of those icky skinny model photos :)

Cute pictures! Hope you had a good weekend and got some riding done, I know I did!

The moon was awesome this weekend!

Unknown said...

When you can squeeze in a ride at the end of the day, it's so great....That's why we keep trying!

But seriously, you asked in the comment on my blog about Janow and it I still ride him. A complicated question since neither of us is in the best of health. He has had a summer filled with handwalking and laminitis but he is doing so much better and appears totally sound now. But my back hurts a lot! Again. (and I can't put it in my blog 'cause my mother reads it and she doesn't need to know.) Friday I get a cortisone shot that should help me for a while and I can start riding again. I stay good if I keep riding, but I had to stop when he was lame.

When we ride, we mostly walk. We used to train dressage and Janow is very talented, but now it hurts and I miss it. Janow, however, LOVES to ride out!

Mrs. Mom said...

Hey Melanie! Run quick and run hard, so the Germies can not get you!!!! ;)

Katie is adorable. Never let anyone say that dynamite does not come in small packages -- she sure proves otherwise. :)

LOVE the moon shot!!!! Cant wait to see more fall / harvest moons from Tundra Country there!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else think that the first photo of Katie, looks a lot like the photo of sister Jen with her horse in the previous blog?

Melanie said...

Cara-
Thanks for the info, and I am sorry about your back, and Janow's laminitis!!

Everyone-
So far, the germs are being held at bay...now let me go knock on some wood...lol!!!

Saddle Mtn.
Katie and Jen look a lot alike. They always have. It's their mouths...they have the same big smile.

Heidi said...

I agree with your comment to Pony Girl... a Dover model would be so much fun. Katie would be a cutie-pie to see in the kid's section!

I don't think I ever responded to your comment on my blog about Happ's. I have not personally ridden there, but actually my horse, Jack, has! He was in training at Caber Farm which is right near Happ's, and his old owner rode him in the horse trials there. I hear it is nice, and your pictures seem to confirm that! I don't know what the XC course is like, but I have been very impressed with the eventing facilities in the NW, so I am guessing it's fun!

Oh, and by the way, I just started my first MBA class, so I will totally feel your pain about studying soon! I hope I don't have to cut back too much on riding time ;-)

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Cowgirl up little miss Katie!

makes me realize that it is getting to be my horses feeding and nightly chores.