Honestly though, college professors like to torment their students at the end of each semester. I once asked one of them why they feel it is necessary to give us so much work at the end of a semester, and she replied that it was because there was no way we could write papers/do projects at the beginning, or near the middle of a semester, because not enough material has been presented. Huh???? I told her that professors punish themselves as well, because they end up with a huge load of papers and final exams that have to be graded. Maybe they don't always grade them? Who knows!!!
Anywho, Lisa over at the Laughing Orca Ranch, tagged me with a "Six Things About Me" meme like a week ago. Sorry that I am just know getting to it Lisa!!! Even if I am BWO...lol!!! I have done this once before, and I went into great, boring detail, so if you have never read it, here it is: About Me #1.
I promise that this one will be shorter! Well...maybe!!!
Six Things About Me!!!
1) I have gone to over 18 different schools (primary schools) in my lifetime. Obviously my family moved around a lot, but the plus side is that I am not shy and have no trouble walking up to someone and introducing myself.
2) I went to kindergarten in Germany. We lived in Germany for two years, and I attended kindergarten there as a four and five year old. Unfortunately, I no longer remember any of the German language, but it does sound familiar when I hear it...I can sometimes figure out what is being said.
3) I was home schooled for eighth and ninth grade. My neighbor was too, and we used to get our work done in the morning and then ride ALL day long...lol!!!! Ahhhh....those were the good old days!!!!
4) I graduated 12th (gpa-wise) in a class of 150 kids. At the beginning of my senior year I was 8th....guess the physics and calculus kicked my patooty!!!
5) Ok...school stuff is getting really boring so lets switch this up a bit! I am over 1/2 Irish, and I have that really pasty, white skin that looks like it would never tan, but thankfully it does!!! I am so fair that my fellow co-workers at the clinic I used to work at called me "Casper." How mean is that...lol??!! Hi Kris!!! I know you read this and I believe that it was YOU who coined that term!!!
6) This one is kind of a spin-off of Lisa's, but I had both of my kidlets with a midwife...no pain medicine. With Eric, I labored for over 36 hours at the birthing center, and then had to be transferred to the hospital for a possible c-section. He finally came out (thanks to pitocin!) and weighed 9 pounds/9oz, and was 22" long. My labor with Katie was only four hours long, so I was able to have her at the birth center. She weighed 10pounds/6oz, and was also 22" long. The vet that I worked for when I was younger, teased me and said that with all of my experience in breeding and genetics, I should have known better to breed a little heifer to a big bull...lol!!!
(For those of you who don't know, Kevin is 6'4" and I am 5'5"...what the HECK was I thinking!!! Kevin happily got snipped after Katie was born, because I told him that I was not having any more of his babies!!!)
I am looking forward to catching up on every one's blog tonight! Have a great evening!!