Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sorry...

Sorry that I have been absent for so long, but I feel like I am missing an appendage without my camera. Silly, I know! Also, those team penning/cattle sorting pictures are not up yet, and I don't want the lady to think that I am some psycho who is really impatient to see them (even though I am !!!), so I will get them up as soon as I see that she has finally put them on her website...lol!!!
Just in case anyone is wondering, the boys are on their way home, but I will not tell you about "who got what," until I have my camera back in my mitts, and can post pictures along with my write-up.
Miss Katie and I have had a fun week, filled with manicures, pedicures (provided by moi!), eating out, and sleeping in, and it is a good thing that the boys are coming home, or I would probably gain about five pounds!
It has been difficult to get much homework done with Katie harassing me, but my parent's took her yesterday, and then had me over for a delicious dinner at the end of the day. Thanks again mom and dad!!!!
Amber and I were able to get a nice ride in on Friday, and I really missed having my camera, because we had some significant flooding over here last week, and the aftermath is amazing and horrific all at once. Pictures would have shown you what I mean, but the damage will still be there next week, so I will take some pics when we head out again. See the river in the above picture? It looks nothing like that now. A neat little piece of trivia about the river in the above picture, is that about 35-40 miles upstream from where I took it is Mt. Rainier, and the Carbon glacier that feeds it ("it" being the river!). Pretty neat that we are so close to such a magnificent mountain huh??? As long as it doesn't erupt...lol!!!I have also received another award from a person that I consider a great "blog" friend. Lisa, over at The Laughing Orca Ranch has bestowed the "Million Dollar Friend Award" upon me. Thanks Lisa!!! I think that you are pretty swell too!! She doesn't know it yet, but Bo and I are just going to show up on her doorstep one day...lol!!!!
Anywho...hope that you have all had nice, relaxing, or productive, weekends, and I only have about five more hours until my camera gets back...oh yeah, and Kevin and Eric too...lol!!!

8 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

I'm sure you missed the boys but you had to have enjoyed your "girl time". :)

Anonymous said...

hahah! and Kevin and Eric too!! funny gal! Hope they got a nice elk!

Anonymous said...

I miss your photos,as well. I always enjoy your shots. I meant to tell you how much i enjoyed your photos of the cows and ponies the other day.
You must be quite the cowgirl by now!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

No. It's not silly at all to miss your camera. It's been really really hard for me to even bog anymore without my special camera that was stolen. It's not fun to take photos with this decrepit old borrowed one at all. :(

I've been thinking of you with all the rain up there. Is that river near your house? I'm glad you're ok.
I can't wait to see all the photos from the storm aftermath and the boys' hunting trip, too.

Manicures and pedicures and yummy food. Sounds like my kind of gal time. :)

And I just want you to know that you are totally and absolutely welcome to just show up on my doorstep with BoBo anytime.

I mean it, my friend.

We would have so much fun!! :)

~Lisa

Unknown said...

You're so right! It's been incredible warm here! I am not complaining one little bit after last year's 4 ft of snow - if we don't get one flake all winter I won't say a darn word (but i will be fire proofing all 5 acres that we own).

As for the hunting...ya know I think it really depends on where you were last weekend. Down where we live - near where your boys are hunting, the traffic was freakin crazy. I have never seen anything like it. You can't drive 200 yards on the darn HWY without seeing some hunting rig parked off the side of the road. The whole time I was hoping where ever those guys from those rigs were hunting was far enough off the HWY that if they miss their deer they don't hit me - ya know?

It was like that clear up North too - I took a drive to my folk's place up north of Colville.

But my Dad and brother were able to both get their deer this weekend, nice ones too. They are fortunate enough to have an excess of private land to hunt on. Basically only my family gets to hunt on that land and other than my Dad, me (if I have time to hunt that year) or my brother getting a deer they are safe on our property all year long. My Dad patrols his pieces of property so that no one poaches deer off them. So what happens during years like this that when everyone and their dog is out hunting they end up flushing all the deer in the area on to our property.

So what I am trying to say that their results are exactly typical of the area. And I think that alot of the deer are just spooked right now. Just my opinion. The herd around our place here in clayton are super active at night - not a whole lot going on during the day to speak of.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh. And hey Melanie, regarding your apology......
I just though you might enjoy the following website that I recently stumbled upon. It truly puts things into perspective. lol!

Blogging Without Obligation

~Lisa

C-ingspots said...

Hi there - so glad to hear that you've done what any self-respecting woman left on her own should be doing!! Eating, sleeping in, indulging in pampering and, visiting!! Oh yaa baby!! Too bad we don't get to do this kind of stuff more often...but I'll bet you're ready for your men to be back home too huh? Can't live without em, can we?? And, yes I am ready for those pics of all that flooding we've been hearing about...no biggie, us norwesters are totally used to that kind of stuff! :)

Gail said...

Been missing you. Glad you are safe and the waters did not get that high.