Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's A Tongue Thing!

OK, so this past week has been an absolute nightmare. I have been really sick (I never get sick!), and I have had two mid-terms and another paper/project, that we had two days to work on, due in my research class. Because I have had limited time to study and prepare this research project, I have been staying up until midnight and getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning (to study), and I am sure that the lack of sleep has hindered my health as well. Now I know why college kids are always so sick...lol!!!
I had my last mid-term today, so I will be getting some much needed rest, and riding, done over this up and coming weekend. (My venting is now done, so I will move on to other things!)
This afternoon, I was finally able to clean my house, pay some bills, and play with my kids, and I also had a chance to look at some photos from last weekend's football game. While scrolling through the photos, I noticed a pattern emerging, and it involves my son's mouth.
If you look at this picture (you can enlarge it), you will notice that his tongue is out as he is throwing the ball. A phenomenon that we see again...
...and again....
...and again!!!Wait! What is this??? He is placing his tongue in his mouth and assisting a girl from the other team, like the true gentleman that his momma raised him to be. Just as long as he isn't too nice! She is the enemy after all...lol!!!
And not to be outdone, Miss Katie Kate desperately tries to get the attention of the adults off of the field, and onto her!As mentioned, I will be going riding tomorrow, and on Sunday.
On another note...I feel like it has been forever since I last rode, because last week, I had a fever and was unable to go. I hope that Bo is frisky and raring (Thanks Lisa!) to go!!!
Hope that you all have a happy Friday...I will be back! :0

15 comments:

Andrea said...

That tounge! And what a gentleman! He is so nice to help the girl up. I try to get my boys to be sweet to girls. I hope it sinks in.

Football looks like so much fun!! And kate, she is too funny!!

allhorsestuff said...

OIh Hahahah! That was funny...you should do a caption thing like Pony girl! I think it may him balance himself...
Glad you are feeling better there..no fun at all being sick.
Riding..do take your camera..forsure!
Glad you back on top!(atop a lovely horse soon!)

Chelsi said...

I come from a family of "tongue sticker outers" *yes, that is totally a technical term! Seriously, sticking your tongue out really helps get the job done. If things get tough you can give it a little stretch, maybe move it to the other side of your mouth...it all helps! Your boy looks like he is going to grow into a strapping young man! (with the help of tongue sticker outing of course!) LOL

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

He takes after my horse:-) LOL
Man all you bloggies are sick or injured- stop it! I hope you do/did kick-butt on your mid-terms and feel better soon!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I can relate-I never get sick either, but when I do...I really get sick. Hope you get rested up and feeling better soon and back to enjoying the ponies.

LOL-The tongue! I used to do the same thing and then I got wacked in the mouth, playing football and almost bite the end of my tongue off. It's definitely a concentration thing.;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Melanie. You're silly! I never would have noticed the tongue.
My one son always scowls when he's focused, so he end up looking really mad. hehe
What a sweetie of your little man to help others when needed, too.
(I won't say the 'G' word. lol!)

And don't say 'rearing'!!!
It's actually 'raring' to go, k?
hehe

Can't wait to hear about your riding weekend. I'm glad you're fitting in time for yourself to do something you enjoy.

I'm heading up to Santa Fe to do some letterboxing on Saturday (don't be jealous!) but will probably ride on Sunday :)

Happy Trails!

~Lisa

Mrs. Mom said...

FEEL BETTER!!! Period!

No getting sick now girl- not when prime fall riding weather is there for you!

Give Bo a rub please ;)

C-ingspots said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. No fun at all when you can't just crawl in bed and sleep until it passes...something most people don't have the luxury of.
Sorry...and I have a problem, again. I can't figure out this dumb link thingy and all my pictures appear at the top of the page only!!! Aarrgh!! Sooo frustrating when I can't figure something out - I feel like a total dummy!! Help me...pretty please??
But only if you feel up to it, after all this is definitely not an emergency!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

And ya know what? I'm not even positive the correct spelling is 'raring'....but it sure sounds better than the alternative: 'rearing' Gah!

I don't want any horse you're going to ride 'rearing' to do anything. lol!

Be sae and have fun this weekend. You too BoBo!

:)

~~Lisa

ps, By the way did the package I sent ever make it yet? I sent it to your street address since it was rather large.

Melanie said...

To all-
LOL!!! I also tend to stick my tongue out when I am concentrating, but he better learn to get it back in so he doesn't end up biting it off!!!

C-ingspots...I got you girl...I am on my way!

Gail said...

"Tongue sticking out" is part of our family tradition. I was grateful when they made Andrew use a mouth piece, not only protects his teeth but keeps his tonge in place.
I have bitten my a few times through the years.
Hope you're feeling better and enjoying the weather.

Pony Girl said...

It's funny about kids and tongues! The age I work with (4 and 5), they tongue thrust the whole time they are concentrating on somthing like writing, painting, or cutting. It's really cute! :)So like you, he's just concentrating and trying to do a good job at his game!
Sorry you are not feeling well, I hope you are on the mend....can't wait to hear the bear story!!

Train Wreck said...

Girl you better get him a mouthgaurd! He is going to bite his tongue off! LOL! What a good sport helping the other player! As long as he doesn't pat her on the bottom, like you see those players doing!he he!

Sorry you have been sick! With so much going on!! I hope you pass soon and can rest a bit!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I think it's very sweet of him to help his opponent. Perhaps the tongue is part of his strategy to distract the other players.

Sorry to hear you've been so sick. Good luck with your mid-terms. I can't imagine going back to school full time as an adult. Good for you!!

Carolynn

Unknown said...

Ha! that's so cute. My little brother used to do the same thing in baseball when he was about to hit the ball. My mom most have hundreds of shots of him sticking his tongue out while "at bat"