Saturday, October 11, 2008

Flag Football!

It is times like these that I wish I had PhotoShop, so that I could circle or draw an arrow that points towards Eric. For those of you who know Eric and his pals, enjoy the next couple of photos, and for those of you who do not, I will try to point out who is who.
While I obviously dread the cold, damp, gray, and miserable days that us Pacific Northwesterner's have to look forward to for the next eight months (sad thing is, is that I am not joking!!), I do look forward to it being football season, and Eric and his team played their second game this morning ( look, the sun actually came out!!!! ).
See the two blonde kidlets in the picture below? Eric is the taller one on the right hand side of your screen, and his good friend, "M," is the blonde kidlet next to him. To make things even worse, all of Eric's good friends on his teams name's start with "M's," so I am apologizing ahead of time!
In the picture below, we have another "M" friend right up front, preparing to catch the ball, with Eric behind him blocking. I love how nimble all of these kidlets look out on the football field. It makes my ankles, knees, hips, and back hurt just watching them...lol!!! Lastly, we have Eric and the first blonde "M" kidlet towards the right hand corner of the picture, and yet another "M" friend over to the left hand corner, who is up on one foot, while he chases after the kid from the other team who has the football. Phew...that was a mouthful!!!
Anywho, sorry the pictures are not the greatest. I was trying to take them while holding my 12 oz, double shot, non-fat, sugar-free, pumpkin pie latte, in one hand, and Katie in the other....it is a long story....
Oh...and Eric wants me to tell all of you that he is the QB, or the quarterback, for his team! He is pretty proud of his position, and so is his daddy, who was QB all throughout his high school football career. Way to go Bud!!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Go to http://www.picnik.com/

and you can edit photos and draw or write on them, add borders, change the colors (to B&W, sepia, etc.) all for free! I have only started using this site recently, but it is a fast and free alternative to Photoshop. My favorite feature is the Auto Fix. One click and you are done!

20 meter circle of life said...

WHOOO HOOOO way to go Kidlet!! How funny is football on a crisp sunny saturday!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Woot Woot, QB Eric!!

Awesome action shots, Melanie :)

I hope the sun shines on every single football game and preactice this Fall.

Enjoy those pumpkin lattes! Yum!

~Lisa

Andrea said...

Oh that looks like so much fun!! I love it!! And I use Photoshop elements. It cheaper and has a lot of the same elements as photshop. Imagine that!! LOL!!

Melanie said...

Heidi-
Thanks so much for the link...I am all over it...lol!!

Lisa-
They are actaully good action shots, and you can see them better when you click on the picture and blow it up. Oh...and that latte was good! I usually only drink plain old Americano's, but the pumpkin thingy sounded delish! :)

Angie Penrose said...

It is fun to watch them play huh? Atleast it didn't rain this week! :)